Joyful, Confident & Creative
Youth Meditation is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering youth, teachers and parents with practical knowledge and effective tools for managing stress, anxiety and emotions as they navigate through adolescence.
WBTV: An Unconventional Way to Handle Kid’s Stress
Sponsored by former Carolina Panther linebacker Na’il Diggs, Ranjit worked with students at Coulwood Middle School and Randolph IB World School to teach them the basics of mindfulness meditation.
We hope the program will teach students how to deal with their anger, fears and stress in a positive way. The students will learn a new set of skills they can use the rest of their lives.
It’s important to me, especially before and after games. After four hours of football, the adrenaline you feel is enormous. We get excited and anxious whether we win or lose. In order for me to go home to my family and my kids, I need to meditate to get in a better frame of mind.
It was good. I was getting into it. It relaxes you, makes you feel better. If you’re having a bad day, it takes the stress off.
What is Meditation?
- Meditation is a simple technique to reduce stress, anxiety and fear.
- Meditation is relaxation of the mind, body and soul.
- Meditation is accessible to people of all ages, cultures and religion.
- Meditation is not a religion, lifestyle or culture.
- Meditation is clarity of mind and purpose.